I'm calling this one the Purple Monster.
1 cup of almond milk
1/3 cup of blueberries
2 handfuls of spinach/kale Power Greens from Costco
1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder
Blend and enjoy!!
1. Use whatever type of milk you have available, any milk will work for your liquid.
2. My banana happened to be frozen, only because my non-frozen bananas are slightly green. Why do I use 1/2 a banana? I eat a moderate carb diet most days. Feel free to have a whole banana if it fits your plan.
3. My blueberries were frozen, yours don't have to be.
4. Any greens would taste great in this smoothie. All spinach is the way to go if you are just- starting out, the taste is barely noticeable and, if anything, adds a little sweetness to the smoothie while still getting all those great green nutrients.
5. Protein powder is optional.